To better serve our clients and enhance our inventory management process, we will implement a new barcoding system at our Northern and Southern California warehousing facilities in December 2019. The state-of-the-art technology solution will increase operational efficiencies and improve the ordering and delivery experience.
How does it work? With this new system, every item, carton and pallet we receive is given a unique barcode identifier. Our warehousing team scans and monitors a barcode from the moment it is received until it is loaded and secured in our trucks for delivery.
How does it help? By adopting the new system, we can continue to increase operational efficiencies and streamline logistical processes from order intake and inventory management through client delivery and project completion. The technological investment underscores our commitment to quality assurance and quality control, and will allow us to:
- Increase accuracy in inventory management through barcode verification.
- Decrease clerical errors by reducing manual data-entry paperwork.
- Decrease overhead costs by eliminating down time.
- Reduce missing items or unscheduled return trips.
- Increase overall productivity for our warehousing workforce.
We are dedicated to providing our customers with unparalleled technology solutions and seamless project execution.